If you are anything like me, you will have moved house many times. In fact, I’m moving house right now – it’s my 20th move!
I’m the expert in the family when it comes to moving. I can pack and unpack everything quickly and safely, and can easily pull apart and put together flat-packed furniture. But I’m not so good at the carrying, especially when stairs are involved!
Talking about moving houses
In the past
- Why did you move?
- How many times have you moved?
- Where did you get your moving supplies from? (boxes, tape, bubble wrap, etc.)
- Were you well prepared, or did you leave things to the last-minute?
- How long did it take you to pack or unpack?
- Did you use a moving company, or did you move everything yourself?
- Did you declutter before you moved?
- How many trips did you need to move everything?
- Did you paint your new or old place? What colour and why?
- What was the most difficult thing about your last move?
- Was anything broken? If so, what happened?
- Did you have help from family or friends?
- Did you need to move or build a new kitchen?
- If you bought any new appliances or furniture, what influenced your decisions?
- How did you plan your new space – where to put your furniture, which rooms to use for which purpose, and so on?
- What was the heaviest thing that you moved?
- Did anyone hurt themselves? How?
- Do you like moving house? Why / why not?
- What aspect do you most like or dislike about moving?
- How often do you move?
- Would you ever consider moving overseas?
- When do you think you will move (next time)?
- Would you move or commute if you got a job in another city.
- If you could move back to any place you have lived in, which one would you choose?
- If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you love to live?
- What tips can you give to someone who is moving house?
- What could go wrong on moving day?
- How many weeks or months before ending a rental contract must you give notice?
- Do you have to fill in a condition report when you get your new rental property?
- What should a person do on the day they receive the keys to their new place?
- What do you have to do before handing back the keys to your old place?
Categories | PROMPTS
Tags | language learning, teaching
13 Aug 2013