Write a short letter to your local mayor or local government representative, complaining about something that annoys you in your town.
- streets are not clean
- there are too many speeding cars
- graffiti is everywhere
- there is not enough playground equipment
- there is too much light pollution
- energy or water prices are too high
- there are too many detours for road-reconstruction projects
- there are not enough bike parking racks
- library opening hours are too short
- rubbish is not collected often enough
Write about anything that annoys you, and don’t forget to propose a solution (using could, should, would)!
The most common complaint letter I write is to politicians, for awareness campaigns such as on GetUp! or other online activism websites, particularly for climate change and endangered animal protection.
- What is the one thing that annoys you the most about someone in your family?
- What do you do that annoys your parents the most?
- Do you get along with your siblings, or do you always complain about them? Why / why not?
Modal verbs cheat sheet
To help you select and use the right ones, download and print this free modal verbs cheat sheet from Patreon.
Categories | PROMPTS
Tags | language learning, teaching
26 Feb 2013